The village Konojedy is situated 5 km southeast from Kostelec nad Černými lesy far away. It lays along the road to Stříbrná Skalice, on the slope turned to the south. In the west side the village is protected by vast mixed woods, going over to the protected area Voděradské bučiny. South from the village spread out forests of Stříbrná Skalice and Sázava and below the village tbe brook of Konojedy starts its route going up to the cadastre border through the valley called "Losi" up to Jevanský brook. Total acreage of Konojedy land amounts to 513 ha. After critical 90ies of the last century the village population amounts to 200 permanent inhabitants.
First historically proved record dates back to (referring to Otto´s encyclopedic dictionary) 1352, when a woden St. Wenceslas church with a parish and parish school used to stand here. Referring to preserved written records there was also rest of a 4-side tower of a perished castle.
In 1416 Konojedy was a mere estate with a fort. This fort was held by a certain Kuneš z Konojed, who owned also the castle Zlenice nad Sázavou. Since 1420 the fort was taken over by his son, squire Jan of Kozojedy, residing at Zlenice. He died however without descendants and so all the property went over in tenancy of Jan´s sister Běta of Konojedy, married to Ctibor of Ploskov. In 1444 Běta sold the castle Zlenice to Zdenek of Postupice at 1400 sixties groschens.
In 1459 king Jiří of poděbrady spent the night in the pub of Konojedy – now the house no.28 – at his campaign from Prague to Moravia against Matyas Korvin. He so much satisfied with the lodging that he endowed the pub with special king´s right for ever, which is recorded as a privilege in king´s registers and in the register of the dominion of Černý Kostelec dated 1526.. In 1560 there was one privileged pub and 19 landowners here, as recorded in king´s registers.
In 1530 former wooden church struck by lightning burned down and replaced with a masonry one. The church was catholic until 1435, then it belonged to Utraquists and later to Hussites until 1623. This year the last Hussite priest Václav Karion went away from here. His famous sermon over the coffin of Albrecht Smiřický appeared even in print. Until 1600 also Kostelec nad Černými lesy belonged to Konojedy parish and since 1652, when registering began, the church had been catholic again.
In 1618 the Thirty Years´War began and after it a number of villages remained desolated, Konojedy however „survived“ with a certain damage. There remained desolated estates - Bekov, Paceltov, Kotlářov, Dočkalov, Oužov and in addition small holder´s farms - Jiříčkovská, Vosykovská and Procházkovská. Desolated farms were reoccupied as late as in the early second half of the 17th century.
The house of lords of Smiřický ruled at the dominion of Černý Kostelec until 1623, then the whole dominion was gained by Albrecht of Valdstein. Konojedy parish thus closed down and it was included in Kostelec.
In 1740 (in the time of enthronement of Maria Theresa) there was built up a stone ground floor school building with a flat for a teacher on the place where it stands now. Before then lessons had been held most rather in hired spaces and a teacher assistant worked here only for food until 15th May 1775, when – referring to the entry filed in the State records, Maria Theresa Savojská issued a charter assigning salaries to all teachers at the dominion. Until 1788, regarding some other sources longer, teachers pursued various crafts in addition, as teacher´s salary couldn´t provide a living for them.
In 1765 princess Maria Theresa Savojská, holder of the dominion of Černý Kostelec, had the old church pulled down and built a new one in this site. Construction of a new barock church with a tower started thus in 1766 and ended in 1777 and the church was consecrated as early as 10th January 1778 by the dean of Černý Kostelec František Boskovský.
In 1794 1st locality was allowed in Konojedy again and priest Josef Růžovský, priest of the cancelled Order of the Cross was appointed here as 1st localist. This locality was in 1855 promoted to the parish again and used to its purposes until the 50ies of the 20th century. In 1838 the St. Johann Nepomuk chapel was built up in the village, this chapel being now a significant historical monument of the village.
In 1800 Konojedy had 400 inhabitants already. At the end of the 18th century, at duly numerization of the houses the highest number was 34. In 1890 the village had 89 houses and 577 inhabitants.
Referring to the parish chronicle an official population census for the passed decade was carried out in 1911 and there lived 504 inhabitants in Konojedy those times. In 1920 Konojedy had 455 inhabitants, a primary double-class school, Sokol club and a voluntary fire brigade, founded by the chairman of the village on 6th November 1894. In 1929, according to the entry from the parish chronicle, then mayor Křeček had installed electricity into the village and complete electrification was finished in 1932.
In the early 20th century population number decreased for a short time, in 1939 however it reached its maximum throughout the village history – 631 inhabitants. Those days there were zwo butchers, two blacksmiths, a wheelwright, a joiner, a tailor and a shoemaker in the village. In addition a bakery, two pubs, a shop with a bar and a shop mixed with a pub.
After the World War II the Germans were evacuated from the border area and a number of local citizens moved away to these released territory. Another decrease of inhabitants took place in the 50ies and 60ies of the last century.
In 1952 the governing class forced founding a unified farmers´cooperative, which indeed broke up, but peasants having more than 15 ha lands, were forced to give their property to the state. The holders of farms were forced to go away to work in industrial factories out of the village.. Part of remaining land was assigned in s.c. forced hire to other farmers and remaining part was run by UFC Semice. Private agriculture conditions went worse and so local farmers gave in to pressure and in autumn 1958 a new UFC was founded. Part of the village better joined the State farm, centre of which was in neighbouring Prusice. In 1960 surrounding small farmers´cooperatives were integrated and in 1961 was established the unified farmers´cooperative Vývoj with the seat in Nučice. In 1975 UFC in Nučice was integrated with an ever booming State farm Prusice and UFC Oleška. Agricultural production was universally supported and the cooperative became a prosperous agricultural enterprise. Construction of buildings for agriculture brought to Konojedy construction of a sheepfold (1961), poultry farm (1961), water main (1963), cowhouse (1963), calf house (1965) and two living houses (1975 and 1985).
After the velvet revolution in 1990 Konojedy turned, at the suggestion of "Citizens´Forum", independent and elected a local council (1991 - 1994) followed until 2006 by other three ones.
Natural objects of interest cover the state-protected „Konojedy spruce“, situated in locality "Lhotka", trunk girth of which in the height 130 cm amounts to 4 m and estimated height is about 45 m. In locality "Horka" there are rests of two sandpits and in locality "Záduška" a well at two lime trees as one spring of the Nučice brook. A number of folk tales refers to the well "Zlodějka", in the wood "Čtrnáctka", with never drying up spring.
Historically significant sights of the village include, in addition to the St-Wenceslas church and St.-Johann Nepomuk chapel also the prince Jana Lichtenštejn´s commemorative stone and the last but not least cross dated 1813 situated by the road to Nučice, built over the grave of Napoleon´s soldiers